Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Food in Shekou

Here is your typical food on a stick stand. I'm not sure what all of it is but in the middle top row are octopus on a stick. They have hot dogs on the bottom row. I couldn't really tell what the other things were. I don't think I will be trying many of these.
This is a type of fruit they sale here. I can't remember the name but I was told that it is illegal to carry these on public transportation because if they break open they really stink. We've tried some interesting fruit here. They have something called Dragon fruit. When it is cut it is white with little black seeds like Kiwi. I thought it looked good but it really had no taste at all. One day I was walking down our street with our AYI. These guys were trimming this tree and she started talking real loud with them. They handed here these things that looked like furry grapes. They grew in a bunch and were about the same size. I asked if it was something to eat so she peeled the skin off one and it was this translucent slimy fruit around a large seed. It was really rubbery and again didn't have much taste. It really wasn't worth the effort to eat.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Zulkifli Bin Zahari said...

The fruit is called Durian or "King of Fruits".