Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sushi?????

Last night Gavin and I went out with some other teachers to a new mall in Shenzhen. It was nice to see something different. This mall was huge with an ice skating rink, movie theater, and about 6 stories of shops. It isn't far from here but we had no idea how to get there. The movie theater actually plays English movies but they don't have buttered popcorn. They have a sweet popcorn. What's a movie without good old fashioned buttered popcorn with lots of salt? Those of you who know my fetish for popcorn know how hard it is for me to go without it. I'm dying for some good movie popcorn. They do have microwave popcorn in the American store but I don't have a microwave. Luckily the school isn't far so I can run down there. Anyway, this mall was huge.

This group of teachers go every Tuesday after our staff meetings for Sushi. They say it's the best they have had in Shenzhen. I'm not a huge fan and actually haven't really ever had it so I thought I'd give it a try. I have to say, I'm still not a fan (sorry Dave). I'd much rather have a huge steak and baked potato. That's my kind of meal and unfortunately I haven't found any of that here. I'm making a list of things we need to do or eat when we get back to the states. My list is growing everyday. We do our best to make some American meals but they just don't taste the same.

So, the good news is we found a new place to go but I don't think I will be having sushi.

No comments: