Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Good News!!!!!

Rachel and I (Coree) were so upset when we left the states the day before the release of "Breaking Dawn". Books are very hard to get here so we figured we wouldn't get a chance to read it until next summer when we go back to Utah but I'm happy to say, we actually have a copy of it in our hands right now.

A few weeks ago we were talking to a friend in the branch who was going back to Arkansas to move her daughter to BYU. We were telling her about the Twilight series. She hadn't read any of the books and said she was planning to get the series when she was in Utah. Of course we told her how good they were and how we wished we could have gotten a copy of it before we left. I was going to have her buy us a copy but she said we could just use her's because she needed to read the other three first. I had forgotten about it until Sunday. She came into church and sat down across the room holding the book in her hand. This sounds silly but I had tears in my eyes. Funny thing how a book would bring tears to my eyes but you don't know how starved we are of good books to read. It's like setting a plate of brownies in front of a chocoholic who is having chocolate withdrawals. (which I really miss too since we don't have an oven, Rachel's friend baked her brownies for her birthday to surprise her and that brought tears to my eyes as well). I was really touched by how thoughtful she was for remembering us and letting us read it first. We are really lucky to have friends like that here.

So, I have the book, now I need to find the time to read it. I'll just have to stay up all night to read it and pay the consequences for the lack of sleep later. I'm sure it is worth it.

No comments: