Friday, September 26, 2008

I Love Technology!!!!!

I am really getting into all this technology stuff. I learned something new that I would like to share with you all. It may or may not benefit you but I really think this is cool.

We have been asked several times to send more pictures to family and I've learned a new way that you ALL can have access to our pictures. Picasa is just the coolest thing. They have what's called Web Albums and I can upload any or all our pictures to our web album and anybody with a computer can have access to them. You can just view them or you can even print your own pictures from it if you want. There have been many times when we have been with other people who either want us to share the pictures we have taken or we wanted the pictures they have taken. For example on our trip this summer we were at the Lake with Keith and Steph's family and our camera wasn't working right but they had theirs. We wanted to share pictures but how do you do this when we are half way around the world? Well, you can just upload them to a web album then we all could have access to them. No more copies on discs or email attachments which you usually can only send a few at a time. Also it allows others to choose what pictures they want.

So, here's how it works. Log onto http://picasaweb.google.com/rundells6 and it will take you to our albums. Or you can just click on the slide show of "If I were in Utah..." on the top right column of our blog and it will take you to the site. Then click on the My photos tab on the upper left corner. Or click on Rundell Web Album link under Our Links in the right column. I've been working on uploading the pictures from this past summer to now. Click on any album and enjoy. If you have picasa it is really easy to upload your own. Just hold your pictures in picasa and then click on the web album. It will then walk you through the process to upload. It is really easy.

I love technology. It has made it so easy for me to organize our pictures and journal our life. I would never organize my pictures at home in an album but I will on the computer. Then it is available for everyone else to enjoy not just me. My next thing is to learn how to do online scrapbooking. I know it exists but haven't figured it all out yet.

Maybe I have too much time on my hands here but I really love technology.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Online scrapbooking is addicting. There is a ton of stuff out there to use and it costs money. Don't buy it! I have done quite a bit you can see on my blog and I haven't paid a penny for any of it. You have to be patient but you can find a lot of cute stuff. Check out shabbyprincess.com That is my favorite.