Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Ride a Bike to School!

This is my sweet ride. I traded our Honda Accord in the states for a bike. I actually ride a bike to school. That is something I have never done in my life. I'm 42 years old and have to ride a bike to school, church, shopping, everywhere. It has become my major form of transportation. Actually it isn't that bad. I do get some strange looks. The people aren't used to seeing a blonde fat American riding a bike here. The other day we were riding home from church. Gavin had Vika and Nicole on his electric bike. Jonny, Rachel, and I were following close behind on our bikes. We got the strangest looks because we were all dressed up for church in dresses and suits with ties. Quite the spectacle here.

China is doing wonders for my self esteem. Look at my bozo hair. I've given up on it here and just let it do what it wants. Not a great look for me.
This is Jonny's ride. It is a fold up bike. They are very popular here. He loves whipping around on it. Gavin rode it home from the store when we bought it and he looked like he was riding a circus bike.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gayle Cooper Bramwell said...

Good for you Coree... I think that it is great for you all to be biking around and I wish that I could do it here. I would like a little girls bike with a basket like I had in Arizona, but then we are so far from everything and everyone I wouldn't be able to go places with it. I would love to see a picture of all of you riding your bikes to church. Can you have someone take one?

Holly said...

What are you talking about? I think that your hair looks so cute. Those bikes are pretty cool.