Wednesday, September 10, 2008

If I Were in Utah.....








If I were in Utah...
I would see majestic mountains rising above my head protecting the valley below from wind and sun.

I would go on walks with my family through the tree covered path of Provo Canyon and marvel at God’s creations all around me.

I would take long deep breaths filling my lungs with the clean crisp mountain air allowing it to rejuvenate my soul.

I would enjoy feeling the soft cool green grass under my bare feet as I played with my kids at the park.

I would appreciate the colorful sunsets as we lay on the lawn enjoying the time with our neighbors.

I would anticipate the change of seasons from summer to fall by watching the leaves change from a brilliant green to rich reds and oranges.

I would dream of the wintery days to come when I could watch the fluffy white snow fall quietly to the ground all around me.

I would await for the day that I could dash down the snowy mountain on skis feeling like I was young again without a worry in my mind.

I would fill with excitement at the sound of cheers coming from the stadium during a BYU football game and join in as they sang the Cougar fight song.

I would anticipate our weekly Saturday night date with our best friends to laugh and have fun after a long hard week.

I would take pleasure in driving to the store in our huge beastly car just to buy a cold soda.

I would savor the taste of buttery, salty popcorn from the movie theatre as I watched a good action movie with the love of my life.

I would feel a sense of satisfaction as I watched my students leave my classroom at the end of the day knowing that I made a difference in their lives.

I would delight in the sound of beautiful music being played by my daughter on the violin or piano in the other room.

I would feel contentment and bliss as I played my favorite songs on the piano allowing myself to become a part of the music.

I would find amusement in coming home to a lovable furry dog that would show excitement by jumping and licking my face.

I would find satisfaction in watching my homemade bread rise in my kitchen and relish the aroma as it filled my home while it baked.

I would watch with delight as my children ate the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies I just took out of the oven with chocolate smeared on their faces.

I would stand tall and proud as I saw the American Flag wave in the breeze and feel gratitude for those who fight for our freedom.

I would take pleasure in knowing that I could jump in a car and be at my sisters house in only a few hours just to tell her I love and admire her.

I would call my loved ones and tell each of them how much I love and appreciate them being a part of my life.

If I were in Utah I would be home!

3 comments:

Heidi J said...

Wow.. I don't even like Utah and I almost started crying! That is so sweet.

Rundells said...

You really appreciate things more when they are no longer in your life. A lot of those things I just took for granted before.

Gayle Cooper Bramwell said...

Coree - How beautifully you express yourself and it is wonderful to know that you love and appreciate these things that we usually take for granted. You have given me more insight and gratitude for how good life is. Now you can find things there that have meaning to you to write about. You have a talent for this...