Monday, October 20, 2008

Who's hand?

The other day I took the girls to have our nails and toes done again. When it came time to choose a color to paint them, they handed me a book of over a hundred colors. I picked this color out and as they were painting my nails I noticed that this is the exact color that Oma, my mother, always paints her nails. Then I really looked at my hands and realized how much they look like hers. Why did I choose that color?

I thought about my mother's hands and all that they have done in this life. The hands that held me as a newborn child. The hands that lovingly wiped away my tears when I was hurt or sad. The hands that worked so hard making our home a loving place to be. The hands that baked the homemade bread and cookies that brought comfort to my tummy after school. The hands that felt my forehead when I was sick. The hands that would spend endless hours making beautiful dresses for me to wear. The hands that created masterpiece wedding cakes. The hands that would do magic and fairy dust every night. The hands that spent hours crocheting blankets for my children. The hands that turned the pages of her scriptures everyday. The hands that prayed for me and all her children each and every night. The hands that gave so much love to others. The hands that I love.

Who's hands do you have?

I am proud to have my mother's hands. They have created a legacy here on earth and have taught me so much. I can only hope my hands can do a portion of what hers have. I love you Mom!!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Heidi J said...

you do have Oma's hands. That is so sweet what you wrote about her. She really is the greatest Oma ever.

Gayle Cooper Bramwell said...

Coree - You brought tears to my eyes and a huge swelling in my heart with your beautiful words and feelings. When I first looked at the picture I did think that it looked like my hand and then I felt sorry for you that you ended up with hands that look like mine and then I think of where your hands are and the things you are doing and am amazed that we have a daughter like you.

You are getting so philosophical and write beautifully. Perhaps this is another good thing that comes from having a blog. Keep it up and you will have a wonderful journal to treasure.

Miss Risa's House said...

I too looked at your picture and thought that they where your mothers ! How wonderful it is to grow up and understand and love are parents, and all they do for us!

Anonymous said...

hi i miss you a lot glad you are haveing fun. happy birthday. christina lindstrom and i love sith gade and i amd giveing mrs. remeton a chancelike you said.