Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Nikki and McCall played the whole time on this hammock that was right in front of the hotel restaurant. After we ate breakfast our first morning Vika got the broom to sweep the room and started cleaning the grass. I asked her what she was doing and she said the grass was dirty and she had to clean it.

Coree started going hippie on me. She really got into the Thai look and she bought fisherman pants and this Thai shirt. Actually, I don't blame her because the clothes looked really comfortable considering how hot it was. Most of the clothes she bought was made out of this light weight fabric which was probably a lot cooler then what I was wearing. Plus the clothes had this cool Thai pattern on them. There was this French guy who owned a restaurant on the island who I started talking to who wore the kind of clothes that they make on Koh Chang, but he looked like he literally "dropped out" during the 60's and came to Koh Chang. He looked kind of weird, but his clothes were very practical.
I rented a scooter for $6 a day. They sell gasoline in these whiskey bottles for 30 baht per liter. The gas stations sell gas for 23 baht per liter so I filled up my scooter and drove it all day for about $2. Koh Chang is VERY hilly and 125 cc's was enough power to get us around.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: