Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stop Procrastinating and Just Do It NOW!!!!

That's my message to myself today. Stop procrastinating and just do it now! I've been terrible at keeping up our blog this year and I keep finding excuses for why I haven't. "China has blocked it so it's not that easy to access anymore" "I'm too tired when I get home at night and don't want to spend my time on the computer" "My kids are always on the computer so I don't have a chance to use it" (Yes I still use that even though we have three different computers) "I don't have anything exciting or new to say". So, no more excuses....I'm just going to do it!

I was enjoying my leftover Indian lunch from Taj Mahal Restaurant and was thinking about my conversation I just had with my Mom who is 1,000's of miles away in Arizona and decided that I need to keep in contact more with my family and friends and this is one way I can do that. I may not have exciting pictures or amazing adventures and stories but I can at least share my thoughts and the everyday normal things in our lives.

It's that time of year when we have to start making our plans for going back home during the summer. We have also been really "down" on China and it helps to see a light at the end of the tunnel when we can be back in the US for awhile. It was about this time last year when we became very "anti" everything here. We can only put up with so much nonsense and then it starts to really wear on us. It's just little things like our Ayi again. Why can't she do things the way we like it? I've had to cut her cooking down to only three days a week because we are getting really tired of it. Our laundry is never put away where and how we like it. The floors aren't as clean as they should be. WAH WAH WAH!!! Yes, I know I'm complaining but it's all these little things that add up to one big BOO HOO on China!

It was my turn last night to cook and I insisted that we go out to Taj Mahal. It's Indian food and Gavin and I had been there before and really liked it. I thought the kids would too but I was wrong. Rachel really liked it but Vika would only eat the bread. That is one good thing about where we live...we have a wide variety of restaurants available to us. This is an expat area so we can get food from all over the world within walking distance. I can't say I like it all or that we go out a lot, but it is there and available to us.

Wish I had some thought provoking saying or something awesome and exciting to say but at least I blogged and didn't procrastinate.

1 comment:

Don and Amy Bennion said...

We will be back in Utah for good in May. When do you think you'll be done for good? Looks like you have seen some amazing things and unbelievably beautiful nature.

Amy