Thursday, February 11, 2010

An insightful look into a 4 year olds mind

Our darling little four year old, Vika, has turned into quite the chatter box lately. She says the cutest things that you wonder..."what is really going on her cute little mind?" Yesterday as we were walking to school I told her I was tired. She said "That's OK, you can just sleep at school." She was so serious I couldn't help but laugh. She must know some of my students because they think that's true. Now, if you think about it. That is true for a preschooler like her. They take two hour naps every afternoon after lunch. Can you imagine if I did that with 13 year olds? "OK class it is nap time. Lets all get our mats out and it needs to be complete silence for the next hour." Actually that would be nice but I don't think it would work.

Then this morning we were walking to school and she was telling me about this boy in school who wants her to be his girlfriend (now that should be a worry right there. Four year olds talking about being boyfriend and girlfriend.) She then said "but I don't want to marry him. That's yucky. I don't want to ever get married, especially to a boy" Let's see how long that lasts. Gavin and I tease her because every time we give each other a kiss, she grosses out. "Eeew, that's yucky".

Gotta love the mind of a four year old.

No comments: