Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Suit

Gavin had a new suit made for him here in Old Shekou. They have tailors all over that you can go to and have anything made. He has wanted to have a suit made and finally did. We went last week and they have a book with swatches of material to choose from. Then you choose the type of suit from a magazine or catalog. They measure you and a week later you have a suit. I was pretty impressed with the details and workmanship. I thought he looked pretty good in it today for church. It cost about $120.00 for the suit. That's pretty good for a tailor made suit.

I had some things made at another tailor shop for the girls and me. I had gone a few weeks ago to a place called Dong Men and they have a mall of fabric. It was amazing how much fabric they had. It was about the size of a large Walmart but all fabric, sewing supplies, and tailors. I could have gone wild there but I just got a few pieces of fabric and brought them back to a tailor here closer to us. The skirt Nicole is wearing and the outfit Vika has on (skirt and shirt) were a few of the items made. They do a great job on copying things but I didn't have anything to show them for these so they were made just by my explaining. It's a fun thing to do but I don't think I will have too many things made. It really isn't that much cheaper. I probably will only have things made that I know I can't get or find here. The suit though was a great deal.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Holly said...

That is so awesome. I would love to go and tell someone what I want and then get it a week later. Super cute. I am noticing that you are in short sleeves and sandels. Lucky you. It has been raining here all day. I bet that it will start snowing this week. YUCK!

Rundells said...

I would love to be in cold weather right now. I really miss bundling up to go out or snuggling up on a warm couch in a blanket. It's a little boring to wake up to the same weather everyday. I'm not a warm weather person, had too much of it growing up in Arizona. Utah was perfect for me because we had all the seasons. I really miss that.

Anonymous said...

hi i miss you a lot
chrustina