Friday, November 14, 2008

The Hair Wash


This is the result of a night at the salon. Rachel and I went to get our hair washed. It's not just a wash it is a whole experience. They have you lay on your back on a massage table with your head over a sink and they wash your hair for 30 minutes. Not just a wash but a massage. While they are washing your hair they massage your head, neck, shoulders, and upper back. It is heaven. After the wash they wrap your hair in a hot towel and place a hot pillow under your neck and the body massage begins. They start with your shoulders and arms then move to your legs. Yes, your are clothed so it's all clean and fun. No kinky stuff. I couldn't help but laugh when they massaged my thighs. It tickled and the girl kept saying relax but I kept laughing. After 15 minutes you roll over and they massage your back and legs. So we had a whole hour of pampering that was absolutely heavenly. Next they move you to a styling chair where they blow dry your hair straight. I have never seen anyone dry our hair that straight with a brush. No flat irons or curling irons. All the styling is done with a blow dryer and small round brush. After an hour and half of pampering your feel pretty good. The cost? Only 25 RMB ($4.00). I think we should open a place like this in the States. Of course we would charge more but it feels so good. What do you think Vi? Could you do that? This will be a place that we take anyone that visits. It's something everyone should experience. Even those who are less fortunate in the hair department.
My beautiful daughter and I after our night of pampering.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gayle Cooper Bramwell said...

It is great to hear and see the things you do. Your trip to Hong Kong and the Temple sounds like a wonderful adventure and the hair - massage experience sounds fabulous. I wish I could have that right now... Do the do any styling of short old lady hair?