Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving today but it just feels like another day here. We didn't get the day off from school today because we are at an English speaking International school and the Americans are few in number. We will have a turkey feast on Saturday with the other teachers and their families from the United States.

It seems strange to think that all you back home are preparing for your big Turkey feasts or leaving to visit family. It makes me sad to know that I am missing out on all the fun festivities with family and friends BUT that doesn't mean that I am not grateful for the many blessings I have in my life. Today is a day to show gratitude and it isn't all about the fun and food, although I love that part of it. It took me having to move half way around the world to realize the real meaning of today.

GRATITUDE

I couldn't let this day go by without expressing my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all that I have been blessed with.

I am so grateful that I have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and that I am able to have the church here in China. We are under strict rules here but we are able to meet together as a branch and be uplifted each week.

I am so grateful for my testimony of the Savior and the sacrifices He has made for all of us.

I am grateful for my family and that I have such a loving husband who has supported and loved me no matter what. A husband who has been patient as I have grown and developed into who I am today. He is a wonderful father to the kids. I am blessed to have four healthy beautiful children who bring such joy into my life.

I am grateful for my parents who have raised me to be who I am. They have been a great example to me. I am grateful for my brothers and sister who have taught me so much throughout my life.

I am grateful for the beautiful world we have and the opportunities that have come to my family to explore and learn about the different cultures throughout the world.

I am grateful for the freedoms we have in America. The freedom of speech, religion, and life. Living abroad has made me realize how lucky and blessed we are in America.

I am grateful for life!!!!

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Oh that makes me so sad. The best part of Thanksgiving is getting to take a couple of days off of school. We miss you guys, and we are grateful for YOU! The pictures with you and the girls and the scarves are adorable.

Gayle Cooper Bramwell said...

And we are grateful for YOU... each one of you ... for you are sweet and good and loving and are trying to live good lives and help others to live better too. It makes us happy to know that you are happy doing good things.