Monday, September 13, 2010

Texas Bound

On July 3 we put Jonny on a plane to Harlingen, TX all alone. It was a very difficult day for me because I knew how hard it was for Jonny to leave. I cried the entire night before he left and had random outbursts of tears all day on Saturday. We had sent him to Marine Military Camp for a month with the hopes that he would come back a more responsible person. He left with just the clothes he had on and his backpack with few personal hygiene items. No cell phone, no ipod, no computer...nothing.

I was a little nervous about him flying alone but with his experience traveling abroad, I knew he would be fine. Gavin took him to the airport early Saturday morning for his 7:00 flight out. I didn't go because I didn't want to be crying the whole time so I hugged him goodbye at the house. At 1:00 in the afternoon my cell phone rang and it was Jonny calling to say he made it. I tried not to cry and be positive. I asked what he was doing and he said they were about to cut his hair. I heard someone in the background yell "Say Goodbye and hang up". Which Jonny did immediately. Of course I started crying again. My little boy was hundreds of miles away and I wouldn't get to see or talk to him for a month.

On July 28, Gavin and I flew to Texas to get our boy...or should we say or boy who became a man.
We flew into Harlingen, Texas a day early. They had a field event on Friday night for the parents to attend so during the day Gavin and I had time to explore. We drove out to South Padre Island to the beach. The beaches went on forever. It was very hot with the water as warm as a bathtub. We took a few pictures. Swam a little in the water and that was enough. Not much else you could really do.

1 comment:

king of kingdom said...

hi...i'm really interested about chain ...please tell me more about it..thank you