Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hiking the "Y"

Thanks to our friend Chris, we were able to stay at his house which is right under "Y" mountain. This was our view every morning. This year I made a goal of finally hiking up to the "Y". Rachel, Chris and I started up one morning but we had started from his house which is about a 2 mile hike just to the base of the "Y". So I was extremely tired before we even got to the start of the "Y" trail. I only made it half way up that morning.
A few days later we decided to go again but starting at the base of the mountain. Gavin, Nikki, Vika and I started out about 7:00 at night. The trail is about a mile of switch backs all up hill. Vika was nice enough to stay back with me while Nikki and Gavin were up ahead.
The views are amazing from the trail. It was still pretty hot at 7:00 at night but well worth it for the views.
Nikki and Gavin had to stop quite a bit to wait for Vika and I. Fortunately they have these nice benched rest spots all along the way.

No comments: