Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Little Dancer



Rachel has become this beautiful expressive choreographer and dancer. She has choreographed several dance pieces and performed them at school. She choreographed this number to the song "Parachutes" by Trevor Hall. It was so beautiful that she made me cry when I first saw her dance. I had recorded it but it was going to take 10 hours to upload so I only have these still photos.

The meaning of the dance represents the Atonement. The white sheet represents a parachute that will save us which is the Savior. The song talks about how there are plenty of parachutes to go around to save us just like the Savior is there for all of us. She did this dance barefoot outside and was covered with dirt which represents the mistakes we make throughout our lives but we can become clean through the Atonement. I just love seeing her dance and hope that she will continue doing this.

2 comments:

Heidi J said...

We have plenty of dirt here. Can she show us when you are here this summer? :)

Rundells said...

Of course she can. She would love to do that.