Saturday, January 3, 2009

Tripping Stories

My niece Heidi just posted some funny stories about tripping. She is the sweetest girl but never trip around her because she will just bust up laughing. She thinks it is funny to see people trip and loves hearing stories about it. So, these are for you Heidi.

When I was in Jr High I had to ride the bus to school. Yeah, I wasn't a very cool kid because of that but anyway, one day I was rushing to catch the bus home after school. I ran onto the bus and tripped on the second step right there in front of a bus full of my peers. Of course I tried to make face and just stood up like nothing had happened. I walked to an empty seat and quickly sat down. After a few minutes of trying to ignore the pain, I pulled the leg of my pants up and my sock was soaked with blood. I still was trying to act cool even though I wanted to scream my head off. I road the whole five miles to my house in silence and just casually walked off the bus. When I was a few feet away from the bus stop, I just broke down in tears and limped the rest of the way home. When I got home I pulled my sock down and saw a big gash in my leg. I'm sure I probably needed stitches but I didn't say anything and just cleaned it up. Not the funniest story except that I still have a huge scar on my leg from that trip. It's more like a hole in my leg because the skin was scraped to the bone, but I didn't cry in front of my friends and saved face. That's the most important part.

Another time when I was pregnant with Rachel we had the cutest little dog, Mele. We lived in an apartment near ASU and of course when you live in an apartment with a dog you have to let the dog out to take care of business at any hour. One night Mele needed to go outside. It was about 2:00 in the morning and I was the one to hear her so I got up. As soon as I opened our door she took off running and I had to chase after her. Here I was 6 months pregnant, in my pajamas running around the complex trying to find her. It was dark and I tripped over the sidewalk and went tumbling in the grass. I just layed there crying. I'm sure that was a sight. A pregnant women laying flat on her back crying in the middle of the night in her pajamas. All that because of a dumb dog. Of course I couldn't stay mad at Mele for long. She came running up to me and started licking my face. She was the cutest but dumbest dog ever.

I loved Heidi's story about Josh slipping on the ice in a parking lot. Living in Utah we've seen that happen many times and even could share our own stories. If you want to read her stories, check out her blog on the right under The Justice's. Thanks for making me laugh today Heidi and hope you enjoy my stories.

3 comments:

Heidi J said...

loved them. Thanks for sharing your tripping stories. I will always remember.. because it is a subject I have a hard time forgetting. :) Sucks about your leg bleeding though, I would have felt bad laughing at you after seeing that.

Gayle Cooper Bramwell said...

Tripping, huh... I have laughed at 'trips' before but since I have had so many of my own I don't think it is so funny anymore and now 'feel their pain'. I am sorry about the hole in your leg and do remember it and feel so bad about not stitiching it up at the time.

Rundells said...

The hole is a reminder that sometimes it's just not worth it to stay cool. I guess I needed to be humbled at the time.