Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Scorpian Girls


This year I had the opportunity to coach the girls soccer team. I've never coached soccer before and have very little experience actually playing but they needed a coach and I was it. I played arena soccer years ago in Palmdale with Gavin and our friends the Schmidt's which was extremely fun, but other than that I've basically just been a soccer mom on the sideline.

Although, I was a little inexperienced, I had a lot of fun. Fortunately, Rachel was here to help me coach. She has much more experience than I do since she played in High School in China. She was a HUGE help!

After two months of practices we finally had our big SAIKAC tournament at Aramco. They had some awesome facilities.
The girls are always fun to coach because they are full of so much energy and spirit. Sometimes it was frustrating because it is hard to get them to really focus on the game. They want to be serious but sometimes the fun just takes over.


The tournament was for both the girls and boys teams so we shared a tent on the field during the day. The above picture was the boys side and the picture below is the girls. Quite the difference.

Rachel was my life saver and the girls all loved having her here to coach. She would do a back handspring for every goal they scored. The girls played hard and it was a tough two days but we came in 5th. I've decided that soccer at this level is really all about luck. One lucky goal can completely change the game. I think our team was much better than some of the others but because of some unlucky points in the game we lost a few of the games only by one goal.

It was a very fun season and I'm looking forward to next year. Nicole was on the training team this year and most likely be on the tournament team next year. I love being able to coach my girls and be there for them.

Now it's on to Girls Basketball for Nicole....

No comments: