Thursday, March 22, 2012

Scary dog???? Really?

This is one of the cutest most lovable dogs I've ever known. She is always waiting for us by the front door when we get home and wants to be as close as possible to us, literally. She will jump up on our laps hoping to be scratched and if we stop she will move as close as possible and wrap her front legs around your arm until you start scratching again. I love this little dog.

But believe it or not, there are a few people who are terrified of her. We have workers here on the compound that if she approaches them while we are out walking her, their eyes get real big and start backing away from her. Like she would really hurt them. It's a cultural thing so I understand how some people here don't like dogs at all, but Sassy is just too cute to not love.

Then we have this little boy on our compound who is absolutely terrified when Sassy is around. Whenever he comes to our house he cries and screams until we put her in a room. It is rather annoying because she is harmless. Today Vika had several friends over and he was here. We put Sassy in the bathroom and shut the door but someone had let her our. I was upstairs and heard this deathly scream and crying from the little boy. Normally I would go down and get Sassy but I was a little annoyed that we have to do that so I just waited to see what the other kids would do. They all were trying to convince him that Sassy wasn't going to hurt him. The weird thing is that one of the little boys here who lives next door has two huge dogs and the boy who is scared of Sassy has no problem with his dogs.

Anyway, I just stayed upstairs listening to the crying and screaming while the other kids were holding Sassy trying to get him to pet her and not be afraid. It didn't help. Finally after about 5 minutes of chaos, he huffed and ran out the door crying for his Mommy. Maybe I was being mean but hey, if you come into our house you need to love our dog. I'm tired of whining and crying over a cute little dog.

He came back a few minutes later pleading for Vika and the other kids to put Sassy away but they said that they wouldn't. That if he wanted to play with them he needed to not be afraid of Sassy. I finally told them that they could bring Sassy upstairs with me but they didn't want to so the little boy huffed and puffed and said that he wanted his mommy, so he left.

I just don't understand how anyone could be afraid of such a cute little dog. Yes, Vika was afraid of dogs one time and we have some rather funny stories of her being chased around the yard by our friends dog but she finally got over it because we didn't let her be a baby about it.

I love my dog, so if you come into my home, you better love her too!

No comments: