Thursday, October 8, 2009

Homesick??? Again???

I've spent the past few hours updating myself on everyones blogs and really wishing that I could have access to posting pictures. It sure would make this blogging more fun. I loved seeing all the pictures and reading about all my friends and family back home. The only problem is that it makes me a little homesick.

I got homesick like this last year about this same time. Really missing home and our family and friends back there. I really love the fall time in Utah with all the colors in the mountains. The leaves changing from their greens to the reds, brown, oranges, and yellows. Change always represents something new and exciting. I have always loved changes in my life but as I get older I'm not sure I like the unknown changes as much. I'd much prefer the seasonal expected changes that occur. The things that I know will happen but enjoy watching.

This time of year has so many fun and exciting things to look forward to. Not just the change of seasons from summer to fall then to my real favorite winter, but all the fun holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas. Yes we do celebrate them here but it just isn't the same as back home. Halloween in Utah was always so much fun to celebrate with our friends and neighbors. The kids would get so excited to dress up and go out trick or treating. It was usually a chilly night so we would always want to run back home for hot chocolate and then bundle up in our blankets as we sorted through the candy. We will go trick or treating here and dress up in our costumes but it still won't be the same.

The weather is changing a little bit. It's not so humid now and instead of being in the 90's during the day we are down to the 80's. Not enough change for me though. Call me crazy but I love COLD weather. Like I mentioned before...I love to see the changes from season to season. In Utah you just start to get sick of one season and then another one steps right in. Each one with it's own fun and surprises. Seasons here are Summer, summer, then summer again with a few months of cold (50's to 60's).

I know I'll get over my "homesickness". There are so many wonderful things about being here but I think I'm allowed a few days of feeling blue that I'm missing my favorite things back home.

2 comments:

Don and Amy Bennion said...

I'm with you. I always feel homesick for the fall and it's holidays while I am away from home.
Someday we'll be back!
Amy

The Wakefields said...

I like the fall, but really struggle with the winter. What I miss, is having you around.