Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bahrain

We have been on Spring Break for the past week and decided to finally go over to Bahrain before Rachel left. Bahrain is an island just off the coast of Saudi Arabia. They built a causeway across the water which usually only takes an hour or so to cross. Bahrain is a much more relaxed country. They have movie theaters, pork, alcohol, and women don't have to wear Abayas. We hadn't been before because it just didn't really seem worth all the hassle of taking the family. Even though we can drive, we have to wait in lines at the border in our car and pay toll fees and car insurance. We really wanted to see "Hunger Games" so we decided to just go for it. I have to admit that when I got out of the car without my Abaya on, I felt free. I really don't mind wearing it here in Saudi because I just throw it on over anything. I've actually gone out with my PJ's on underneath, but it was nice to be able to walk around in shorts in Bahrain.

We saw our movie and ate lunch at the mall. It was a fun day. Something different but not sure we will be going much, unless there's a movie we really want to see.

No comments: