Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thailand Day 3

Didn't get any pictures today because we were so busy doing things. They have a kids club here for Vika and she played there in the morning while the rest of us went out sailing on the lagoon. Jonny and I were on one boat; Gavin, Rachel, and Nicole were on the other. Jonny had just gotten his merit badge in scouting for sailing this last summer so I thought I was safe since I've never sailed before. He did fine until we got stuck way out in the corner of the lagoon. We couldn't get any wind to take us forward so they had to come out and rescue us. The guy then gave us some tips as he took us back to the marina. We were fine after that and had a great time. Gavin has a dream of someday getting a huge sail boat and sail around the Caribbean. I'm not quite sure about that yet. A little boat on a small lagoon was fun but being on a big boat out in the open ocean seems a little scary to me right now.

After that we spent the afternoon just playing at the pool. Later that night Gavin and I took the scooter into Patong. It took us about 30 minutes but was a pretty scenic ride. I did a little shopping and found my favorite Thai purses. Then as we were leaving I stepped off the curb and twisted my ankle. It was pretty painful and I had to get back on the scooter and ride 30 minutes back to our hotel. It's not as bad as I thought it would be but it's sore enough that I can't walk on it. I'm determined to not let it ruin my vacation though.

No comments: