Sunday, March 8, 2009

Who ever thought eating cookies could be so fun!

Tonight I broke down and made gooey chocolate chip cookies. This may be such a simple thing to do back in the states but not here. The cost alone of the ingredients is outrageous. I could have bought 10 packages of Oreos at the store for the cost of making four dozen chocolate chip cookies but who can resist the warm gooey chocolate as you bite into these delicious treats. I've only made them a few times here not just because of the cost but also because of the conditions. Our oven doesn't have the normal temperature markings on it so I'm never sure what the exact temperature is. After adjusting and playing around with it, I think I got it down. This time the cookies were perfect. I was really missing my Bosch mixer though as I had to mix them by hand but it was well worth it after seeing the joy it brought to my family.
We devoured two dozen of the cookies in less than 15 minutes and I had to fight to get just one bite. Of course I had another stash in the kitchen.
Each mouthful brought laughter and smile to their cute faces.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: